Cancer Care Awards
Berkshire Medical Center was honored in both 2006 and 2009 by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons with an Outstanding Achievement Award - the only two years that BMC has to date been eligible for this national distinction. During the comprehensive onsite surveys, BMC received a perfect score on the 36 program standards, and achieved commendation ratings in all areas where commendations are possible. For patients and their families, these awards signify that BMC is providing the highest standards of care when it comes to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer – right here in our own community.
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons Outstanding Achievement Award for 2006
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons Outstanding Achievement Award for 2009
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons Certification with Commendation for 2006 and 2009
Three year certification of BMC Cancer Program following rigorous survey process
What is the value of this award to our patients and community?
The quality standards established by the BMC Cancer Program ensure:
- Our patients receive the highest quality of care, close to home
- Our program is comprehensive, including state-of-the-art services and technology
- We provide a multi-specialty team approach to coordinate the best treatment available to cancer patients
- Our patients and their families have access to cancer-related information, education and support
- Our cancer registry collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results, and offers life-long patient follow-up